The Perks of Learning Belly Dancing for Beginners

As a mother of three, I wake up early in the morning, prepare their breakfast and snacks for school, and go to work. Over the course of time, I have mainly focused on working to provide for my family as much as I can. But because of this, I have forgotten to take care of myself as well. Now that my children are bigger and more independent, I can finally venture into other hobbies which did not permit me before because of time constraints. That is why when my friend, who loves trying out new things, invited me to try belly dancing for beginners with her, I was ecstatic. 

The only problem was where to learn belly dance? Thankfully, we found a place near our homes that was just a few blocks away. That way, if the kids had any emergencies, I could easily run back to the house. I was very excited. After so long, I finally had more time for myself. Gone are the days where I had to wake up in the middle of the night and feed my baby, change their diapers, and put them to sleep again. Do not get me wrong. I love my kids. Sometimes, I just miss being by myself and exploring new things. That is why this belly dancing class was a great start for me to trim down and find that time I need for myself and regain the confidence of a woman.


The studio was very simple, neat, and warm. The place brightened up more as the instructor came with her pleasing and loving personality. She was very patient and accommodating to us. Even though I may have some age in me, I felt like I was back in my youth. Overtime, after coming in a few classes, I found it to be enjoyable as I anticipated going there every week. I could only go once a week since there were a lot to do at home. Nevertheless, it was a joy for me to get this break once in a while. 

Of course, as I continuously go to the classes without fail, I have noticed physical and mental changes within me. I also read that this hobby of mine could also help me refine my poise, increase my confidence, and help me be in tip-top shape. I found this to be true. For starters, I lost a few pounds. I do confess that I am not a physically active person since I have devoted myself to my children and work, but it does feel nice to know I am burning those extra fats. It helps my worries about any disease lessen. My confidence has also been boosted. I have been smiling more and I am buying more clothes for myself. I did not think it was necessary to buy myself anything since we were at a rough patch at that time of our lives when the kids were still small. But now that we are a bit financially stable, I can pamper myself more. Lastly, my poise, though not majorly changed, has been more refined and gentle. I have been more mindful of my posture, actions, and words. 

Belly dancing, for me, has been a wonderful treasure to find. It may not have the same effect on all women and men out there, but I hope you find the happiness I found in this particular dance. May this class give you the same confidence, poise, and bodily shape it has given me. In whatever you decide on, have the objective of making yourself happy without forgetting any responsibilities you may have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Limitations of a Private Investigator

This is What Web Development in Singapore is Like

Digital Marketing Company for My Clothing Business